When does the admission application begin?
A. The admission application for Degree program opens twice per year, in spring and autumn (BDS program has only autumn intake). Time is as follows:
1) autumn (semester begins in September or October)
From March 1st to July 5th
2) spring (semester begins in March )
From September 1st to January 5th
B. The admission application for non-degree program can be accepted anytime, but for language course or pre-medical courses, the course can start only when the number reach 15 at least.
How can I apply? Should I mail the application materials to school?
You can apply directly via our online application system (http://studyatdmu.dlmedu.edu.cn ). All the admission is done via the system, we don’t accept the paper application materials for application.
Note: Family financial proof certificate (or one year bank statement), medical check-up, passport size E-photo and other documents can be uploaded together to the system.
More completed documents will facilitate the evaluation process.
What is the criteria for applying MBBS or BDS program?
Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, healthy, above the age of 18 and under the age of 25, have attained a senior high school diploma with good marks, has solid financial support to afford the study and living expenses in China.
Note: chemistry, physics, biology, English are compulsory subjects, maths is a reference subject for admission evaluation.
What kind of application documents should be uploaded to the system?
Different programs need different documents.
1) MBBS, BDS and other undergraduate programs: information pages of passport, photo, senior high school transcript are compulsory, high school diploma or other certificate will be helpful for your admission.
2) Master programs: information pages of passport, photo, bachelor degree, college transcript, two recommendation letters from professors, study plan are compulsory, the medical council registration paper, working experience certificate will be helpful for your admission.
3) Ph.D programs: information pages of passport, photo, master degree, college transcript, two recommendation letters from professors, study plan are compulsory, the medical council registration paper, working experience certificate will be helpful for your admission.
May I transfer to DMU to continue my study?
No, we don’t accept transfer student.A
How to get admission documents?
After you get the offer from admission office, you should transfer the full tuition fee and application fee for first year to
school account. When the money reaches school, the admission office will mail
the original admission letter and visa form by Fedex.
When will the admission results be released after submitting the application?
Generally it will take less than 2 weeks to get the result from the admission office via the email through the online system.A
Do I need to do the medical check again if I have done that before coming to China?
Please bring your original medical check report to China first. If the report is not accepted by the Department of Exit-Entry Administration, Dalian Public Security Bureau, when you apply for a visa, you must go to Liaoning Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau for verification.
Remarks: Generally speaking, Dalian Public Security Bureau prefer the local report from Liaoning Entry-Exit Inspection and Quarantine Bureau.
Do I need to take an entry examination?
Can I be housed if I come to the university at late night? Can I reserve accommodation?
Yes, you will be housed whenever you reach on the registration day. You
can reserve the accommodation online before you come.
I can not register on time, for/because….., can I defer to…….?
It is allowed to defer the registration for one week with a reasonable excuse. If it is more than one week, students have to clarify the circumstances in writing and submit it to college for approval.A
I don’t want to buy the group medical insurance provided by the University, because I/my company have/has purchased international insurance.
In accordance with the regulations of MOE, all international students must buy the group medical insurance. Without the insurance, the visa cannot be extended.A
What should I bring for freshman registration?
A. Admission Notice
B. JW202/JW201 form
C. 6 visa photos
D. Passport, passport copies of Personal Information Page, Current Chinese Visa Page, Last entry record page
E. Medical check report from your country (if you have)
How to get access to the dormitory Internet?
Please go to the Internet and Information Technology Center with your campus card.
Internet and Information Technology Center:
Room 208 on second floor at No.3 Teaching Building
Working time:8:00-11:30 14:30-17:00
From Monday to Friday
Can I live off campus?
Undergraduates are not allowed to live off campus.A
What is the valid information?
Your passport information, email address, latest contact number (mobile), address, your parents valid contact email and number, etcA
What will happen if the information is invalid?
You may miss the notice or information from the office, any resulting is at your own risk.A
What is the valid information used for?
The valid information can be used for the emergency things, communication between the teachers and students, urgent notice, etc.A
What is the requirement of the school fee payment?
1) The students have to obey the financial regulation of the university
2) The students have to finish the whole payment at the beginning of every annual year
3) The students have to finish the payment on time
4) The students should finish the school payment before you do your visa extension. The payment receipt record will be checked by the security bureau.
What should you do with the fee structure?
1) Get fee structure
The students should get the fee structure from the teacher (307), normally 2 months before every annual year finish
2) Read fee structure
The students should read all the contents of the fee structure carefully, especially the amount and the deadline of the payment.
3) Inform the parents
The students should inform the parents all the information in the fee structure, in order to let the parents prepare money and finish the payment on time
When should the students to finish the payment?
Within the deadline of the given time by every annual yearA
Where to do the payment?
Financial building 201A
How can you pay the money?
1) Cash (RMB) or swipe the ATM card ( the card should be opened in china) to the financial office
2) Transfer the money to the university
What do you need to care when you do the transfer?
1) You’d better finish the transaction before 15 days of the given time (it takes 2 weeks to arrive the university account）;
2) Please remember don’t send the extra amount, the extra money by transaction won’t be refunded and will be transferred as next year tuition automatically;
3) Please don’t forget to write the students’ name, ID and passport number when you do the transaction, otherwise it is difficult to find out whose fee it is;
4) The bank of China only accept the USA Dollar if you transfer money from abroad.
What is the procedure of pay cash or swipe the card?
1) Get payment slip from the college office(307)
2) Prepare the RMB or card, take the payment slip to finish the payment at financial office(201)
3) Return the one original receipt and all copies of the receipts to the college office
4) Record the payment information in the computer of the teacher in charge
What is the procedure of transfer money to the university?
1) The transfer money has to arrive the university within the given time
2) Get receipt form the college office (307)
3) Get the payment slip and pay the remaining fee to the financial building
4) Other procedure is the same as the cash or card payment
What is the procedure of change dorm during the semester
1) The student has to get the application form from the dorm teacher and fill in it.
2) Take the form to the college office(307) to count the amount
3) Pay money to financial office.
4) Return the receipt back to the college office (307).
5) Take your own receipt show to the dorm teacher in charge and change the dorm.
How to count the money if the student wants to change the dorm during the semester?
If the student wants to change the dorm, the dorm will be counted by monthly, and you have to add the extra charge. (e.g. your dorm fee is 10000 RMB/year and you lived for 5 months, the dorm you are going to change is 12000 RMB/year and you will stay for the left 7 months, the extra amount you should add is 1200*7+1000*5-10000=3400 RMB )A
How to make the payment delay?
1) The student must have a provable reason (e.g. original bankrupt documents, illness materials, unemployed letter, official letter, etc).
2) The students must finish the application before the end of the annual year (before the coming summer or winter holiday).
3) The application will be discussed and passed by the official meeting of the university
4) For the students whose application pass the college meeting, you have to finish all the payment before the deadline of the given time by the university, otherwise you will get the punishment depends on the regulation of the university and security bureau.
What is the regulation about the delay payment?
1) The student who can complete the entire fee after the given time deadline but within the visa application deadline will be charged 500RMB delay fee
2) The students who couldn’t pay the whole fee before the visa application deadline will be charged 10% of the balance fee as the delay fee.
3) If the student couldn’t finish the payment before the visa application deadline, and without a provable reason, or without make an application to the teacher before the end of the last semester (before the coming summer or winter holiday), you will be dropped out of the school before the visa expires.
4) If you couldn’t finish the payment before the deadline of the given time, it will be seem as your family couldn’t support your study in china, and you won’t get your visa extended.
What is the procedure of refund?
1) If you make a decision to withdraw from the university, you have to fill in the withdraw application form before the end of the semester (before the summer or winter holiday)
2) The university will hold the meeting to discuss about your application
3) For the student who makes a decision to withdraw during the semester, you should do the application at least two weeks in advance, in order to have enough time to renew your visa, otherwise you couldn’t come back to china again.
4) You should book the plane ticket at least 2 weeks after the university accepts your application.
5) If the university agree your withdraw application, you need to take the agreement withdraw form to get signature from every office (library, dorm, all-in- one card office ,etc )
6) You have to pay the maintenance cost for damage the property
7) You should take the copy of the agreement withdraw form and the original receipt of yourself together with the teacher to go to the financial office to get your remaining money back
What is the regulation of the refund?
1) If you leave the university before two weeks of the new semester begin (study for half annual year), you will get half year tuition fee refund, otherwise withdraw semester’s tuition fee won’t be refunded.
2) The refund dorm fee will be counted by monthly till the end of the withdraw month (e.g. if your dorm fee is 12000RMB/year, you stay here for 7 months, the remaining dorm fee is 12000-1200*7=3600 RMB.
3) The university only refunds RMB.
4) Money will be sent to the student’s own bank card which opened in China.
In which cases the money is non-refundable?
1) If you temporary withdraw from the university, you won’t get any refund. The remaining money will transfer to the semester when you come back to the university.
2) If you don’t quit the university according to the procedure, you won’t get any refund.
3) If you are asked to leave the university, you won’t get any refund.
4) If you leave the dorm without application, you won’t get any dorm fee refund.
What are the bank details of the university?
1) If you do the transfer from abroad, the bank Details are as below：（Draft is not accepted, and only accept USA Dollar）
Bank：Bank of China , Lvshun Branch
Swift Code: BKCHCNBJ810
Bank Account Name: Dalian Medical University
Bank Account No.: 286962798632
2)If you do the transfer within China, the bank details are as below:
Bank：Bank of China , Lvshun Branch
Bank Account Name: Dalian Medical University
Bank Account No.: 307762145873
How about the work Time for students?
1) Financial building: Monday to Friday:8:30-11:30,13:30-14:30
2) College :Monday to Friday:8:30-11:30,13:30-15:00
3) Weekend and Holidays not open!
Anything else do I need to care about?
1) Keep the law of China
2) Keep all the regulations of the university
3) Finish the payment on time
4) Keep well all your receipts in DMU！
How many types of the students’ visa?
1)New students for long- term study (over 6 months) should hold X1 visa enter China , X1 visa have to change to residence permit
2)The student for short- term study (less than 6 months) can hold X2 visa enter China, the holder may stay in China within the duration specified therein.
3)Old students long-term study need to extend the residence permit depends on the payment of our university.
What are the important dates on the passport?
1)Passport expire date
2)Visa or residence permit expire date
When should you start to apply?
1)The student who need to apply for residence permit after entry, should held in all the documents to the exit/entry administration of public security within 30 days from the date of their entry
2)The student who need to do the extension within 30 days prior to the expiry of the validity period on their residence permits. Example, If your residence permit is valid till 2014.09.30, you have to finish your payment and apply your extension before 2014.9.1.
How about late application?
If you do your visa extension less than 30 days, it will be regarded as your visa expired, and you have to pay the penalty or won’t issue the extension.A
Where and who to give the materials?
1)Through the university: College office 307, Sophia.
2)By youself: Security bureau.
What time is the free service time?
Within the given time by the university for accept the visa materials.A
When will you get free service from the universtiy?
Free service will only be offered during group visa extension time.A
How can I do visa extension by myself?
If your visa doesn’t expire during the group visa extension time, you have to come to the school office to prepare the visa extension materials and then go to the security bureau to do the visa extension by yourself.
What are the documents of the residence permit extension?
1)Passport 2)One white background，2*2 size and without glasses photo 3)The copy of your passport page , visa page, and latest enter stamp page 4)The copy of 202 form 5)The copy of accomodation registration form 6)Copy of your payment receipt 7)Visa extension feeA
Which information should I registrate?
The registered items of a foreign residence permit shall include name, sex, date of birth, reason for residence and duration of residence of the holder, date and place of issuance, passport number or other international travel documents number.A
How long will I get my passport?
1)The exit/entry administrations of public security organs shall, within 15 working days upon the date of receipt, conduct examination and make a decision thereupon. Based on the purpose of residence, those administrations shall issue the appropriate types of foreigners’ residence permits with the duration.
2)At the beginning of every semester, it will be around 1 month to get the visa extension done.
When should you renew your passport?
If you want to do the visa extension in china, you should hold the passport which is at least valid over 180 days, which means you have to renew your passport 180 days before the date of your passport expire.A
When should you deal with your visa issue after you get the new passport?
1)If you renewed your passport in China, you need to go to the security bureau to renew your passport information within 10 days since you get the new passport
2)If you renewed your passport in your own country, you need to go to the security bureau to renew your passport information within 10 days since the arriving date when you enter china.
How to prove when you get the new passport if you renew the passport through your embassy in China?
EMS envelope or a letter from your country’s embassy in chinaA
When should I do if I renew the visa by myself?
If you do your visa extension by yourself, you have to come to the school office (307) to renew your visa’s information in the International Education System of China within 10 days since you get your passport.Otherwise you couldn’t be registered your study in china which will affect your graduation.A
What are the regulations about address registration?
1)For international students lodging at the university, the university will register your residence within 24 hours of your lodging.
2)International students renting a house outside the university shall take their passport, their landlord’s household registration and their lease contract to the local police station and register their residence within 24 hours of their arrival.
3)In case of any changes in residential address, international students shall resister again at the local police station of your new residential area on the day of your relocation and register such change at the public security bureau at the place of your residence within 24 hours.
How about the penalty if you didn’t do the registron on time?
Foreigners who violate the present rules may be fined up to 500 Yuan. Those whose offenses are serious may at the same time be ordered to leave the country within a specified time.A
What are the requirements on control of the entry and exit of international students of the university?
1)Keep all the rules of the university
The University is authoritative in management of international students. All students shall obey the management as the visa granted by the security bureau will be determined according to university’s suggestions. Based on university reports that regulations have been breached, the student’s study will be terminated and we will annul the visa and order the student to leave China.
The security bureau will check your classes and school performance, they will warn the students who missed 2 classes, and the students who missed more than three classes will be warned they can be expelled, reduced the residence and ordered to leave China.
What’s the regulations about the religion?
The government of People's Republic of China respects the religious freedom of international students, you can take part in the religious activities in religious places. But you must not hold religious activities on campus.A
What’s the regulations about the work in China?
International students are not allowed to work and do business, or any other economic activity in China during their studies, including teaching languages in Chinese families, foreign language schools or any casual work. Foreigners employed illegally may be fined up to 1,000 Yuan. Those whose offenses are serious may at the same time be ordered to leave the country within a specified time. However you can take part in work-study activities.A
What will happen if your visa expired?
No matter the type of visa you hold, please remember your visa expiration date. You will not be allowed to remain in China after your visa expires. Otherwise you may be fined 500 RMB/day for the period of your illegal stay in China with the total sum of fine not exceeding 30000 RMB, or detained from 3 to 10 days. Those whose offenses are serious may at the same time be ordered to leave the country within a specified time.A
What’s the Chinese law and regulations related to international students?
1)Any act against the order of teaching and research in university is strictly prohibited
2)Owning any type of motorcycle inside or outside the school is strictly prohibited
3)Any act of carrying illegally firearms, ammunition or crossbows, daggers and other articles prohibited by applicable laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China is strictly prohibited
4)Any act of illegal restriction on individual freedom, breaking into a house or frisking is strictly prohibited
Do I have to study Chinese language if I am accepted as a medical student?
Yes, Chinese language is one subject for MBBS course.A